Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 6: Fabulous Baked Ziti

I decided to make Baked Ziti for dinner today. So I thought I would share my recipe. The ingredients are: 1 lb. of ground turkey breast, 1 lb (16 oz.) ziti pasta, 26 oz. jar of traditional pasta sauce, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 cups of shredded six cheese Italian (but it can be any cheese you like). The cheeses in the six cheese blend include...Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina, and Romano cheese. Also I like to use sliced Provolone cheese as well for that added melted goodness...8 slices in total, salt, peeper, Italian seasoning (optional).
First cook the ziti pasta according to the directions on the box. While pasta is cooking prepare the ground turkey breast, slowly cooking it over medium heat until all the pink color is gone.

Add one jar of the traditional pasts sauce, 4 chopped/crushed cloves of garlic and heat another 3-4 minutes.
Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.

Drain the cooked pasta and add the turkey. Mix well.

Place 1/2 of the Ziti in a 9x13 glass backing dish. Top with shredded cheese and 4 Provolone slices. Add the remainder of the ziti and top with cheese again. Cover with aluminum foil. Set oven to 350 and bake for 25 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Note: For a spicy kick I like to drizzle a little Buffalo Style Chicken Wing BBQ Sauce on my portion....MMMMmmmmmmm good :)~

1 comment:

Katie Smith said...

My most favorite dinner I had when we visited:) YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!