Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 40: Practice Makes Perfect

Kayla has been playing Super Mario Kart all afternoon. She is doing so great. Last night when I played with her she kept coming in last place and she got so upset. She's very competitive and always feels like she has to win. I kept trying to explain to her that all that matters is that she does her best. I told her to relax and just try to finish the race. So today I set it up with just one player so that she could practice on her own without trying to race me. She's taking her time and staying calm and best of all she's coming in 1st and 2nd place in most of the races. She's trying hard to get a trophy (1st, 2nd or 3rd place overall out of 4 races). She keeps coming in 4th or 5th overall but she's determine to get that trophy so she keeps playing. I told her practice makes perfect and I think now she sees that I was right.

No comments: